Riverside Community School District
Class of 2020
Graduation Ceremony Information
Here are the final details concerning the Riverside Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony to be held on Sunday July 12, 2020 at the Charles Pigneri Athletic Complex on the Football Field.
- Seniors will have practice at 10:00 AM on Saturday, July 11, 2020.
- All seniors should make every effort to make sure that they attend if they are choosing to participate in 2020 Commencement exercises.
- Mrs. Graves, Mrs. Hildebrand, and Mr. Kroon will be there at 9:00 AM to handle senior checkout. They will also be available after the practice to handle checkout.
- It is very important seniors that they have turned in all library books, returned your Chromebook, settled the lunch account, paid any fines/class dues/curriculum fees, returned PE padlock, and returned any athletic uniforms/equipment. If you have not done any of these things, please be ready to do so before or after graduation practice on July 11, 2020.
- The Graduation Ceremony will be on Sunday July 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM at the Charles Pigneri Athletic Complex on the football field.
- We are asking that graduating seniors to arrive at 6:30 PM and meet by the Bulldog. We will take a senior picture, and we will ask graduating seniors to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Also, if any family member or student is feeling ill or has a temperature of 100.3 or higher, we ask that you not attend the graduation ceremony.
- Seating for Parents/Guardians/Attendees will be provided in the bleachers. Social distancing will be required, mask are recommended but optional.
- Parents/Guardians/Attendees when your student’s row is asked to step forward, you will be able to come down from the bleachers, enter the track area through the north gate, stand by your seniors, and then present your son/daughter’s diploma to them when I call your student’s name.
- Dr. Mitchell and/or Matt Bowen will slide the diploma on a table to you to present to your son or daughter.
- We ask that when your student returns to their seat, you wait to go back into the bleachers until I call the next row up.
- Parents/guardians, please exit out a south gate to return to bleachers when a new row of parents enters the track area.
- Seniors and Parents/Guardians/Attendees, we will have a backup plan to hold graduation in the gymnasium due to inclement weather. We will follow the same protocols and processes.
- If we have to move to the gym, only 4 family members will be allowed to attend the ceremony.
- Thanks to everybody for your cooperation. It is not a normal graduation, but it is a big blessing that we will all get to celebrate together...socially distanced and following the basic Hygiene requirements as established by the CDC and IDPH
- The entire Riverside School District Community looks forward to closing this chapter for our seniors and sending them into the future.