Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP) Spring 2021--
Preparing for the Iowa State Assessment
Each year the district is held accountable by taking the state assessment. This year will once again have our students take the online state assessment aligned with Iowa Core Standards. The district will start planning classroom activities to help our students be successful by reducing student stress and integrating preparation into our daily instruction.
That assessment will take place on April 12-April 16, 2021.
At this website: http://iowa.pearsonaccessnext.... you can find more information. They have a Test Preparation link that includes Tutorials and Practice Tests to allow parents, students and teachers to gain familiarity with the computer–based testing platform. The district will start planning classroom activities to help our students be successful by reducing student stress and integrating preparation into our daily instruction.
What can Parents Do:
- Make sure your child gets an ample, normal amount of sleep the night before a test
- Mark testing days on your calendar to help remind you and your child when testing will take place and plan your preparations
- The student should eat a nutritious and filling breakfast. Avoid high sugar cereals which can make a student unfocused
- Set aside time each night prior to the test for several weeks to review concepts
- Work with your child’s teacher to find materials to work on at home in preparation for the test
- Make sure the student is on time on the day of testing
If your child is sick please contact the school immediately so make-up testing can be schedule