Online Payment System for Parents-PayForit
Riverside is pleased to offer PayForIt to our parents to pay fees, fines and lunch balances online. Parents will also be able to check payment history, review purchases and set up automated email reminders.
What is PayForIt?
PayForIt (PFI) is a Secure Online Payment system which simplifies payment, collection and balancing of funds for School Districts. It enables parents to pay fees, fines and fund accounts quickly and easily online. PayForIt allows parents to opt into and manage email reminders about their student’s accounts.
- Using PFI, secretaries spend less time taking cash at the serving lines, so students have more time to eat. Additionally, there is not a chance of lost lunch money from home to the serving lines or building offices.
- Payments can be made by credit card or electronic check 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the parents’ convenience.
- Parents can review what their students are actually purchasing along with account balance information.
- PFI supports increased communication between the school & the parents.
- Parents can opt to receive an email when a family balance dips to a certain threshold (set by the parent).
- Parents can opt to use an automatic payment feature which replenishes their family account(s) when a balance dips to a specific level (specified by the parent).
- School messages are automatically emailed to parents.
- A continuous online survey is provided to monitor parent feedback and ideas.
- Student information is automatically transferred from year-to-year and from school-to-school.
- Parents can manage more than one student account.
- PFI is PCI, or Payment Card Industry, compliant and maintains industry standard SSL certificates. This ensures all data is safe & secure as defined by the industry.
How to sign up
Log on to www.payforit.net.
Select the “Sign Up” option from the menu. The screens will guide you through the process to establish your account:
- The internet convenience fee will be charged at 4.00% per credit card charges and $1.75 per electronic check.
- You will be prompted to enter your contact data, password, payment information, etc.;
- You will need to indicate which student(s) to attach to your account. Student names must be entered exactly the same as they appear in JMC (Riverside’s student information system). Students are already loaded in the PFI system from JMC so the names must match exactly. PFI utilizes the same student ID number already used throughout Riverside’s student information system. If you are unsure of your student’s ID number, you can check it in your JMC online access account, or contact your child’s building.
- Once you have an account, you can choose to pay lunch balances, fees, and fines at school using a credit card.
Once all information is entered, PFI will email a validation code for you to confirm the registration. Once confirmed you can begin using PFI as often as you’d like.
How to get help
- How Do I … Each major function used in PFI, has online help available under the menu option of “How Do I …”. The “How Do I” provides step by step instructions as well as screen examples.
- FAQ : When starting to use PFI, it is a good idea to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) available within the Help menu option.
- Contact Us (PayForIt): You are also able to send an email to the PFI Help Support Staff. This function is also within the Help menu option.